Hairstyle plays a very important part of our appearance. These days, women are not the only ones concerned about their appearance. More and more men are becoming concerned about the way they look. Looking attractive is not just about wearing a cool T-shirt, a pair of trendy jeans, and stylish shoes. You should also get the right haircut to complement your look. Today, there are many different hairstyles available for men who want to look their best.
Hairstyle trends keep on changing from time to time. People always come up with exciting new trends every year and many men want to stay up to date on the latest trends. What are the current trends for 2011? Here are some men’s hairstyle ideas for 2011:
1. Short haircuts: Short haircuts have withstood the test of time and are making a comeback this year. They are low maintenance and very masculine. Textured short hair will add a touch of sophistication.
2. The ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’: This haircut is getting more and more popular this year. Named after the international football star, this haircut proves to be very versatile; you can get multiple style options from a single haircut. With a bit of wax or gel, you can easily create a spiky, faux hawk, or messy look. For formal occasions, you can also create a chic, swept-back look.
3. The Faux Hawk: This hairstyle is the tamer version of the Mohawk. Although less wild, the faux hawk also represents rebelliousness. The hair on both sides of head is cut short (not shaved) while the middle part is slightly longer. You can spike up this part using wax or gel. It’s simple and cool.
4. Spiky haircut: The spiky haircut is still a favorite in 2011. If you want to look young and funky, this is the hairstyle for you. It suits both short and medium length hair, and can also be matched with either formal wear or casual wear.
5. Messy haircut: This is arguably one of the hottest haircuts of the year. This straight-out-of-the bed hairstyle looks effortless, low-maintenance, yet very cool. Ironically, this style actually needs effort and lots of hair product to maintain the unkempt look.
Those are some of the most popular modern men’s hairstyles of 2011. To look your best, you have to make sure that the style of your choice will suit your face shape. You can consult your hairdresser and he/she will recommend the one that will suit you best. You can also look at men’s fashion magazines for more hairstyle ideas.